Pac-12 Football Players of the Week – Week 2
OFFENSIVE: Sam Darnold, RSo., QB, USC
• Darnold completed a career-best 80.8% of his passes (21-of-26) for 316 yards with 4 touchdowns in USC’s win over No. 14 Stanford.
• He completed his first 11 passes of the game.
• His TDs went 4, 11, 22 and 25 yards.
• It was the sixth time in his career he has thrown at least 3 TDs and fourth time with at least 4 TDs. It was the 12th consecutive game that he has thrown for at least 200 yards and the fifth time in his career for more than 300 yards.
DEFENSIVE: Peyton Pelluer, RSr., LB, Washington State
• Had a team-high 14 tackles as Washington State rallied from 21-points down with eight minutes remaining in the game to win in three overtimes, 47-44, over Boise State.
• Down 31-17 with just under six minutes remaining, he intercepted a pass and raced 36 yards for the touchdown, cutting the lead to seven.
• The comeback matched the biggest fourth-quarter comeback for WSU since 1984 when the Cougars rallied from 42-21 down at Stanford to win 49-42.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Dante Pettis, Sr., PR, Washington
• Pettis broke the Pac-12 record for punt returns for a touchdown with the seventh of his career when he ran a punt back, zig-zagging 67 yards for a score on the final play of the first quarter Saturday vs. Montana.
• Pettis had also returned a punt for TD the previous week, at Rutgers (61 yards).
• He’s the only player in the nation this season to have returned two punts for scores.
• He currently sits just one shy of the NCAA record of eight, shared by Wes Welker (Texas Tech) and Antonio Perkins (Oklahoma).
• Pettis also caught four passes for 32 yards in the Huskies’ 63-7 victory.
OFFENSIVE: Manny Wilkins, ASU: Patrick Laird, CAL; Shay Fields, COLO; Justin Herbert, ORE; Bryce Love, STAN; Josh Rose, UCLA; Tyler Huntley, UTAH; Tyler Hilinski, WSU.
DEFENSIVE: Koron Crump, ASU; Leo Jackson III, COLO; Thomas Graham Jr., ORE; David Morris, OSU; Harrison Phillips, STAN; Krys Barnes, UCLA; Uchenna Nwosu, USC; Filipo Mokofisi, UTAH.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Alex Kinney, COLO; Jake Bailey, STAN; Darnay Holmes, UCLA; Matt Gay, UTAH.
– www.pac-12.com –