Pac-12 Football Players of the Week – Week 8
OFFENSIVE: Tyler Huntley, Jr., QB, Utah (Dania, Fla.)
• Huntley completed 22 of 29 pass attempts (.759) for a career-high-tying 341 yards and four touchdowns in Utah’s 41-28 win over USC.
• Also rushed for 33 rushing yards and a touchdown in amassing 374 yards of total offense.
• Huntley’s 46-yard touchdown pass to Britain Covey on third down and five in the first quarter sparked a run of 34 unanswered points by Utah.
• Huntley’s scoring drives averaged 82 yards per drive.
• He has thrown for 200-plus yards in back-to-back games with his 300-plus yards against USC the fourth 300-yard game of his career.
Also nominated: Patrick Laird, RB, CAL; Cameron Scarlett, RB, STAN; Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA; Gardner Minshew II, WSU
DEFENSIVE: Chase Hansen, Sr., LB, Utah (Highland, Utah)
• Hansen led Utah with 11 tackles (3.0 TFL) and his second interception of the season in Utah’s 41-28 win over USC.
• Hansen was integral in holding USC to just 3-of-14 on third down conversions, including 0-10 through the first three quarters.
• His interception came in the first quarter on the USC 20, eventually setting up the field goal that closed USC’s lead to four (14-10).
• 10 of his 11 tackles stopped USC from a first down.
• With his 3.0 tackles for loss against USC, he has 14.0 on the season, ranking second in the Pac-12 and fourth in the nation.
Also nominated: Jordan Kunaszyk, LB, CAL; Kaulana Apelu, LB, ORE; Bobby Okereke, LB, STAN; Darnay Holmes, DB, UCLA; Ben Burr-Kirven, LB, WASH; Jalen Thompson, S, WSU.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Matt Gay, Sr., PK, Utah (Orem, Utah)
• Gay was 2-for-2 on field goals and 5-for-5 on PATs against USC. He had seven kickoffs for 459 yards (65.6 average) with five touchbacks.
• His 33-yard field goal to open the second quarter cut USC’s lead to 14-10, then added a 30-yard field goal as time expired in the second quarter, giving Utah a 20-14 lead.
• He leads the Pac-12 in scoring by a kicker per game (8.0) and field goals per game (1.43).
• He is a perfect 6-for-6 in the 30-39-yard range this season.
Also nominated: Jake Bailey, P, STAN; Stefan Flintoft, P, UCLA.
– www.pac-12.com –