Pac-12 Football Players of the Week – Week 5
OFFENSIVE: Bryce Love, Jr., RB, Stanford
• Set Stanford’s single-game rushing record with 301 yards, tied for eighth-most in Pac-12 history.
• Averaged 12.0 yards on his 25 carries and had a career-high three touchdown runs which went for 61, 43 and 59 yards.
• In the last 20 years, Love and USC’s Reggie Bush are the only players with back-to-back 250-yard rushing games. Stanford had just one game with a 250-yard rusher in the program’s first 1,254 contests — Love has now reached that mark in back-to-back games.
• Has also rushed for 100 yards in seven consecutive games (second-longest streak in school history), and is the only player in the last 20 years with a rush of 50 or more yards in seven straight games.
DEFENSIVE: Jahad Woods, RFr., LB, Washington State
• In just his second career start, led WSU defensively as the Cougar defense held the Trojans to 10 points below their season average in a 30-27 Cougar victory.
• Posted a game-high nine tackles, including a sack, tackle-for-loss and a forced fumble.
• Woods preserved the Cougar victory by sacking Sam Darnold on the Trojans’ final possession, forcing the fumble that the Cougars recovered.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Erik Powell, RSr., K, Washington State
• Accounted for 12 points with three field goals and three extra points, in WSU’s 30-27 upset of No. 5 USC.
• Connected on all three field goal attempts from 44, 33 and 32 yards.
• His 32-yards FG with 1:40 proved to be the game-winner. It marked the 39th of his career, 5th in WSU history.
• Powell added three punts for 111 yards, a 37.0 average with a long of 53.
OFFENSIVE: Kani Benoit, ORE; Jordan Lasley, UCLA; Dante Pettis, WASH; Luke Falk, WSU.
DEFENSIVE: Henry Mondeaux, ORE; Justin Reid, STAN; Kenny Young, UCLA.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Brady Breeze, ORE; Jake Bailey, STAN.
– www.pac-12.com –