Pac-12 Football Players of the Week – Week 4
OFFENSIVE: Bryce Love, JR, RB, Stanford
• Love finished with 263 rushing yards (8.8 yards per carry), the second-highest single-game rushing total in school history, against UCLA on Saturday.
• Stanford trailed UCLA, 13-6, midway through the second quarter — from that point on, Love rushed 21 times for 233 yards (11.09 yds/carry) and had the back-breaking 69-yard touchdown run late in the fourth quarter of a 58-34 victory.
• He had a 50+ yard rush for the sixth straight game — the only college player in the last 20 years to do so. Love also rushed for over 100 yards for the sixth straight game to extend his school record as the only Cardinal to eclipse 100 yards in his first six career starts.
DEFENSIVE: Jack Jones, SO, CB, USC
• Jones picked off a pair of passes at California to help USC post six takeaways, its most in a game since 2012.
• His first theft led to USC’s first points of the game in the first quarter and his second interception was midway through the fourth quarter.
• Jones now has three interceptions in 2017.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Brandon Ruiz, FR, PK, Arizona State
• Was 3-3 in field goals (including game-winning FG) and 4-4 in PATs in ASU’s 37-35 upset of No. 24 Oregon.
• Made field goals from 29, 24 and 41 yards. The make from 41 yards came with 2:33 remaining and proved to be the winning points after Oregon took a 35-34 lead with 6:41 left.
• Was also successful with an onside kick that ASU recovered in the first quarter. The Sun Devils would go on to score on the possession (Ruiz 29-yard FG) to take a 17-7 lead late in the quarter.
OFFENSIVE: Manny Wilkins, ASU; Deontay Burnett, USC; Myles Gaskin, WASH; Luke Falk, WSU.
DEFENSIVE: Alani Latu, ASU; Justin Reid, STAN; Casey Hughes, UTAH; Jalen Thompson, WSU.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Jet Toner, STAN; Chase McGrath, USC; Matt Gay, UTAH.